What is trust flow?
A metric designed to decide how trustworthy a link is based on the QUALITY of backlinks pointing to the site.
If there are authoritative, trustworthy backlinks to a site, then the greater is the trust flow.
The trust flow of almost every site or link is less than the citation flow. Why?
A site may have tons of backlinks. But, not all of them are high quality and have TRUST.
Even though you strictly make sure that you have only quality backlinks, there will be low-quality backlinks that are generated automatically by various directories or other sorts of backlinks.
In simple words, there is less chance of getting all high-quality backlinks. Hence, TRUST FLOW cannot overtake CITATION FLOW most of the times.
Also, it is observed that there is a direct correlation between the trust flow of a domain and the amount of organic traffic it is getting.
If a site has high trust flow, then it means that it has a high-quality backlink profile. High-quality backlinks give Google rankings boost.
In Layman’s terms, high trust flow is the clear sign of having high-quality content to Google and other search engines.If there are more backlinks to a site that carry the trust flow, then it is the sign that the site is getting decent organic traffic.
How to measure flow metrics?
You can head over to MajesticSEO, enter the URL, use fresh index (default), and hit search. Now it should return the backlink profile of that URL. It also returns the flow metrics along with this.
There is a fair usage policy for non-signed up users. If you would like to extend this limit, you need to register for a free account.Installing the MajesticSEO extension for Chrome or Firefox might be a better option. It helps you, easily look up for flow metrics of any site.
If you want to check and compare the flow metrics of multiple URLs at once, you can use Bulk Backlink Checker tool,Raven SEO tools also make use of MajesticSEO API to pull flow metrics data.There are several advantages of using MajesticSEO.
- Identifying top influencers in your niche.
- Identifying the real problem for Penguin penalty.
- Link quality analysis.
- Prevention of irrelevant link building (with the help of topical flow metrics)
- Finding great content.
7 GOLDEN points to increase flow metrics
- Increasing trust flow should be the main goal. To keep up the healthy ratio, trust flow should be higher. Increasing citation flow is somewhat pointless. Indirectly it means that, QUALITY OF BACKLINKS WIN OVER QUANTITY.
- In 1000 backlinks vs. one authoritative backlink, the authoritative backlink is the clear winner.
- Guest posting is the best way to get authoritative backlinks. However, guest posting should be kept to a minimum. The frequency at which the backlinks are built should be kept to a minimum, especially if your blog or site is new.
- You should build links from authoritative sites within your niche only. Because MajesticSEO also takes account of topical trust scores. You should have a higher trust score in your niche or topic, to be ranked higher in Google.
- Great internal linkingstrategies help in increasing the trust flow and citation flow. Strong homepage with high flow metrics can influence the pages linked from the homepage. Having backlinks to both the homepage and internal pages boosts flow metrics greatly.
- .Gov and .Edu backlinks carry more trust score to your site or blog.
- No-follow links also carry citation flow to some extent, but not trust flow.